Thread: Why we need to buy Gaming Keyboard

Why we need to buy Gaming Keyboard

Hello Friends,

I had been running Windows Vista as my operating system on my machine. I'm crazy of playing games on my system. Most of often i play Counter Strike on my pc. I would like to know that when it comes to video game input devices, the keyboard is probably the furthest from ideal. So, i would like to know that why we need to buy a Gaming Keyboard? Can any one tell me that why do we require Gaming Keyboard while playing video game? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Why we need to buy Gaming Keyboard

There comes a time in every PC gamers life when he realizes that the stock keyboard that came with his PC just doesn't cut it anymore. However, PC gamers have bent their gaming habits to fit the restrictions of the standard keyboard for so many years that most prefer keyboard controls to a gamepad. The WASD control scheme for shooters has long been the default but as games have become more complex - shooters especially - the need for quick access to the surrounding keys has become more and more evident.

When you finally get serious about your gaming it's time to get the right tool for the job! A gaming keyboard. Hardware manufacturers recognized the need for faster, smoother and more-precise mice as gaming became more popular and many felt they could improve on the keyboard design as well. The problem is that the keyboard is not a finesse device. Either the keys are there or they aren’t and either you can reach them or you can’t.

In fact I think the mostly illogical basic layout of keys on PC games is one of the reasons there is such a huge percieved difference between PC games and console games. The G19 gaming keyboard uses the same dome-switch keyboard technology that's likely to be found in the very keyboard you're using now - quiet, but believed to be mushy at times. Despite this technological setback, the G19's keys still feel very responsive and not as mushy as your typical office keyboard.

Many gaming keyboards backlight the keys for dark rooms but the Tarantula only backlights these 10 custom keys. First you need to decide if you need a lighted, or back lit gaming keyboard. This keyboard also features the multimedia controls for music and picture zoom and the keys are set down the left and right side apart from the gaming hotkeys. The applications associated with these keys are assigned in the driver.

If your going to spend that much money on a gaming keyboard you should consider this, in combination with a regular keyboard. The advantage of a back lit keyboard is that it makes it easy to play in the dark, my preferred gaming environment by the way. The two USB ports and the easy access to headphone and mic jacks is great if you have a computer where they’re buried in the back and the keys have a nice spring to them and great feel. But the difference is not really noticeable in a game. If you’re really into custom mapping keys and macros, this may be worth the money for you. But if your regular keyboard already works fine for you, the Tarantula may not have too much to offer.