Thread: Power Purge Sequence for Brother DCP-115C Printer

Power Purge Sequence for Brother DCP-115C Printer

The blue ink in my Brother DCP-115C printer no longer works properly, so everything I print comes out orange. I was told by a computer repair shop that a 'power flush/purge' may fix the problem and that I should ring the Brother helpline.
    Brother told me that they are no longer allowed to give out the power flush sequence as it can cause damage to the machine. It's a risk I'm willing to take, because it would cost about £50 for Brother to repair it, and you can buy a new one for not much more than that.
    So if there is anyone out there who has the power flush sequence, I would really appreciate it. There is a chance that it might work, and I think it's worth a try before I throw it in the bin.
    Thank you.

Re: Power Purge Sequence for Brother DCP-115C Printer

Had you tried to change the Cartridge that is causing the issue..???? Even if the problem persist then try to do the following steps :
    (For resetting the Purge Counter)

1. Go into the Machine Maintenance Mode. Be careful, otherwise if you change some critical settings, your printer may be inadvertently corrupted.
    2. You can press 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list.
    3. Press the Black Start key many times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item(probably) in the list.
    4. To reset the purge count to zero press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order.
    5. Then return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode by pressing the Stop/Exit key.
    6. Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.

Hope you can print normally now..

Re: Power Purge Sequence for Brother DCP-115C Printer

Yes, the first thing I did was buy a new cartridge.
    And I've also run the Purge Counter Reset Sequence.
    Neither made any difference...