Thread: LAN card not showing advanced tab

LAN card not showing advanced tab

Hey guys, my issue is that when i right click on my local area connection and go into the QOS packet scheduler,I don't see the advanced tab which i need to use to set the link speed (full duplex,half duplex etc). I got told recently that this might be an issue with service pack 1 or 2,i have no idea whether this is true or not.Please tell me whats the solution to this,thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Agustíne; 14-12-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Re: LAN card not showing advanced tab

Hi, i faced the same issue some time back and i found the solution to it on the INTEL website.It has to do with User Permissions in Windows.That is if you are trying to configure it via Terminal Services.You can get the solution by clicking here.Hope this helps and if you still face any more issues feel free to revert back here.

Hi Agustine,if you're seeing this issue while physically in front of the computer then it could be a couple other things.During installation of the INTEL drivers for the LAN card ensure you have Intel(R) PROset for Windows* Device Manager selected in the installation window.If you did that already and it's still not showing, then go to control panel > Administrative Tools > Services,ensure WMI service is started in that.Hope this helps you in your problem.

Hi there,Here is a possible solution to your problem.

• Just Open My Computer
    • Go to the Control Panel
    • Then jump to the Group Policy/User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/Network Connection.

Right after getting located to Network Connection you will see a bunch of queries listed asking you to prohibit the settings.What you have to do is double click and disable "Prohibit access to properties of components of a LAN connection" setting click OK.
    After that you are all done and hopefully you will be able to see that tab in the LAN properties.