Thread: Printer stopped functioning when upgraded with windows 7

Printer stopped functioning when upgraded with windows 7

HI. I have installed a canon printer to my desktop system. The system was working with windows XP service pack 2 as the operating system and the printer was working fine. But as soon as I upgraded the system to Windows 7 the printer has stopped functioning. Please help me out to figure out the solution to the query.

Re: Printer stopped functioning when upgraded with windows 7

As your printer is unable to work and function you have upgraded your system to Windows 7 this means the desired drivers for the printer that you have installed is not at all functioning or supporting to the operating system in order to carry out the function. The windows 7 has advanced feature and has upgraded drivers for the same. Update the drivers.

To make the printer to function under windows 7 you need to follow the process as follows:

1) First place the driver installation file on the desktop in order to carry on the process.
    2) Now right click on the driver installation file and choose properties / compatibility tab.
    3) Select the appropriate option.
    4) Apply the changes and click ok.
    5) Also right click on the file and then run as administrator.

You can visit the official site in order to make the things and changes done. Canon's official site could be found on Google. Also then choose for the drivers related to the hardware for the operating system compatible with it. This has to be taken into consideration that your hardware must take be compatible and able to run with the driver installation. Check out.

Reinstall the driver for the specified hardware that is been connected to the system. Remove the driver by uninstalling them and then replug the cable of the printer. After that install the drivers for the hardware and then update it. You can also download the updated drivers in order to make the desired changes and enable the printer to function properly. Hope this should work.