Thread: Watching television on the desktop

Watching television on the desktop

Hello friends please help me in solving my problem. My television is not working and i have a DTH connection at my place. I want to watch television in my desktop computer. But i do not know how can i do it. Is it possible to connect the DTH to the desktop? My desktop does not have any port to connect the DTH. If it is possible to connect my desktop with the DTH then tell me how can i do it.

Re: Watching television on the desktop

You have the DTH connection at your home for the television. You are confused that it can be connected to your desktop or not. Here i am clearing all your doubts , You can connect the DTH to your desktop to watch television. But it cannot be connected to your desktop directly. To connect your DTH to the desktop some other hardware is required. After installing that hardware you can directly connect the DTH to you desktop.

You can watch television on your desktop by connecting the DTH to your desktop. Provided that your desktop should have the TV Tuner card installed. TV Tuner card is a hardware which is placed in one of the PCI slots of the motherboard of your computer. After installing the device install the software of the device from the CD which is given with the Hardware. The cost of this device might be around Rs.1500. Pinnacle is well known brand for TV Tuner cards.

You can watch television in your desktop by the above suggested method. There is one more way to watch the television on your system , using internet. If you have internet connection is available at your home than you can watch the television online. You just want a DSL connection to the internet for this. You can watch live TV on the internet. There are many websites which provide this facility. Search for it. Start watching TV from there.

You'd need to get a special hardware card with a TV tuner. I recommend using Leadtek WinFast cards. Google them to find where to buy...