Thread: dell inspiron 1525 card reader problem

dell inspiron 1525 card reader problem

Hi tech guys , I am having problem with the card reader of my laptop. The card reader of my laptop is not able to read data from memory card inserted. I am using DELL laptop and the model number of the laptop is Dell inspiron 1525. I am using Windows vista operating system on my laptop. Is there any problem with the hardware part of the laptop? How can i solve this problem?

Re: dell inspiron 1525 card reader problem

Hi friend you are using Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop and Windows Vista operating system with the laptop. The card reader of your laptop is not working properly. To fix this problem first of all confirm that you have installed the Drivers for the Card reader device of the laptop. To confirm , you can go to the DEVICE MANAGER . Under this you will find all the hardware installed on your laptop. If the hardware for the card reader is shown in the yellow colored mark then the driver for this device is not installed. Install the drivers from the CD. Or you can download it from the website of the DELL company.
    Last edited by Maxforu; 02-12-2009 at 01:53 AM.

The Card reader driver for dell inspiron 1525 is to be installed properly. Install the driver properly and check again . If problem is not solved yet then this may be the problem of the card reader device. It is possible that the card reader device is not working properly. To check this Insert multiple memory card in the memory card if it is not able to read any of the cards from this then your card reader is not working. Repair your card reader device from Dell service center or from any other computer repairing center.

If your card reader device is working properly then check for the memory card errors. Check multiple cards in your card reader if it is working then your memory card may be corrupted. To check your memory card insert it in the some other memory card reader or in some other laptop card reader. If it is not working in any of the card reader then the card is corrupted. To solve this first you can try to format the memory card. If it is not working after formatting also. Then you should change the memory card. There is absolutely no problem with your computer hardware.