Thread: Microphone cable got heated

Microphone cable got heated

Hey folks,

I am using Acer notebook with model no. AS3410. I spent my most of the time on voice chating online with my friend using my microphone. But the problem is that when using it, cable of the microphone got heated badly so that no body can touch it. I hope this is not because of the chating for the long time because i am doing the same with my older laptop to but that didn't gave any issue like this.

So please help me.

Re: Microphone cable got heated

Hi,

I am also using the Acer notebook AS3810TG and had the same issue as you are facing. I tried lots of thing like checking for the viruses, reformatting of the operating system but nothing solved my problem. Finally i contacted with the dealer then he told me that this is the notebook issue, he told me that some of the acer's notebook has this kind of issue and they replaced mine with the new one. I hope you problem is same as mine, contact your dealer before its to late.

Thank you.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hi friends,

Ok, This is true that Acer recalls its notebook and the reason behind this is that the cable of the microphone got overheated. This heat is noticed when the hand is kept on the left palm rest for the long time where the cable resides. So for the safety reason acer recalls all its product to prevent the system malfunction at the users end.

So its better to replace it with the new one which is updated with this issue to prevent the system malfunction of overheating.

Thanks......

Actually this issue first noticed in the Taiwan then the vendor of the Taiwan declares that AS3410, AS3810T, AS3810TG, AS3810TZ and AS3810TZG models which are manufactured before the 15th September, 2009 is problmatic and can cause the burn out. So if you are using the same then check for the release date and by checking SNID.