Thread: Lexmark X2550 not detected in Windows 7

Lexmark X2550 not detected in Windows 7

I do not know what went wrong with my Zenith HERO PC G31 computer but it is not detecting my Lexmark X2550 all in one printer. I had just upgraded my operating system from Windows XP to Windows 7. Is it that there is no support for my printer in Windows 7? This is really important as I need to use the printer many times for official work. Please help thanks in advance.

Re: Lexmark X2550 not detected in Windows 7

First make sure with the basics. Check whether your printer is turned-on. Check whether the power-cord is properly plugged in the socket. Check whether the socket is functional or not. Plug in some other electrical equipment in that socket and check whether it is functional or not. If the equipment gets the power supply then probably your printer is down if does not gets the power supply then your socket is faulty.

I would suggest you to re-install the Windows 7 operating system. Insert the Windows 7 disc in your disc drive and do a re-installation. There can be that during the earlier installation process Windows was not installed properly. This time make a proper valid installation of Windows. After installing Windows check whether your printer is recognized by your desktop computer or not.

This happened with me also. I had purchased a brand new Canon printer. When I installed the printer on my computer it was not detected by my computer. I had installed Windows XP then. I even tried to connect my printer to another computer but still the same result. I asked my computer technician to assist me and it turned out that the USB cable that connected the printer to the computer was damaged. Check whether your Lexmark printer's USB cable is damaged or not.