Thread: Hard disk accessibility denied by windows

Hard disk accessibility denied by windows

Hi. I have a desktop system that is of Intel pentium 4 3ghz processor with windows XP service pack 2 installed in it. The problem is I have created a user account to my system so that no one could access my system other than me. Now my system has some problem due which it needs to get formatted. So I connected my Hard drive to other system in order to create backup but it is not allowing me to access the drive also no password popup or window is showing. Please help.

Re: Hard disk accessibility denied by windows

You might need an encryption software in order to get accessibility to the hard drives. You can the encryption software on the link. The thing is that you need to perform the task by downloading this software tool. Encrypt the drive folder allocated in order to access the specified folder or file you want to by naming the drive name which you want to access.

The formatting issue can resolve your problem. But as you need the backup and restore the desired folder or file that you are not able to access it is essential that it has to be done without formatting. There might be a possibility that you can get access to the folder of the drive by creating a backup image drive for your hard drive. After that copy the image to different location and then format your drive. This may help out but I am not quite sure this will work.

This has to be taken into consideration that you are using windows and it might be the reason that its not allowing you to access. But you can get access to your drives by using Linux operating system. It gives to access the NTFS file without needing password for windows. This might help you out. Try using linux operating system and you might not have to loose your data.