Thread: Suggestions for SSD drives

Suggestions for SSD drives

HI. I have an Intel core 2 duo processor desktop system with 2Gb DDR2 Ram supported by Windows 7 as the operating system. I am planning to buy a SSD drive for storage. I have heard it is best source drive for storing read/retrieving data. I have no idea regarding SSD drives so don't know which to buy. Please suggest. Thank you.

Re: Suggestions for SSD drives

To tell you SSD drives are basically Solid state drives which works on the semiconductor devices rather than electron tubes which previous Hard disk used to. It is true that they hae a fast read/write retrieving data feature. I would suggest you to go for 120Gb OCZ vertex. I use this drive. It is considerably faster to access and to say it works really fine. OCZ claims to be the best and it proved to be. Go for it.

I would recommend you to go for OCZ TECHNOLOGIES that has released a 3.5-inch SSD that packs a terabyte of data. It is called as Colossus and is designed to boost the performance of desktop machines. It is the best to the people who really need to store a large amount of data with the best accessibility. Its read and write data rate is upto 260mbps which is tremendously enormous. You can for other drives if you do not need such a huge capacity drive. There are various other options for you to go for as OCZ also comes up with 128GB, 256GB, 512GB.

You can go for Patriot Warp V2 32GB drives. They are good and better in performance too. I have used them and was extremely satisfied with the results. Other than now am using Intel X-25m 80Gb drive. This works really fine. You can get the best service from it. Overall to tell you that they all are good. You can go for the latest invention OCZ drives. They are now leading in the business. Good luck.