Thread: Conversion of CD Rom to Dvd Rom- Can it be possible?

Conversion of CD Rom to Dvd Rom- Can it be possible?

Hi, I want to know can I convert my Cd rom to Dvd rom? Can it be possible? I want to do this as I don't able to view scratch CD's on my CD rom which can be opened in my friends dvd rom. So, can there will be possibility of any modification that would help me in this situation.

Re: Conversion of CD Rom to Dvd Rom- Can it be possible?

Hi, you are wanted to do something which is similar to assemble dvd rom by own. It is quite not suitable to change your cd rom to dvd rom by any modification. As you know in market dvd rom will be soled directly, you can buy it. If you modify your cd rom from any engineer then also he will do same thing, which is similar to buy new dvd rom and I think it will cost you same. So, don't try to modify your cd rom directly buy new dvd rom.

I don't think it will be possible to modify your existing cd rom and make it to dvd rom. Why are trying to modify it, just by new one and get same result. If you are thinking that you are able to save your money, then you are thinking wrong as you are changing whole circuit, which will cost you same. So, just buy new one which will provide you warranty as well which can be useful to you if you get any problem in that. So, directly buy new dvd rom and enjoy it.

If you are thinking that due to dvd rom you are able to see all those Cd's which are scratched, then you are simply wrong. As you can view those cd's on cd rom if its lens are working fine. So, just try to use either new cd rom and use those cd's. But, if you are using scratched cd's more then you will get same problem after few days. So, just avoid to use those scratched cd's and increase your life of the cd or dvd rom.