Thread: USB drive failure in Leopard

USB drive failure in Leopard

Hi,

When a attach my external hard drive to my mac pc, it is not recognized by a Mac. I have connect the drive to the mac using USB to check the drive. I was not having this problem before installing leopard. Is anyone else having trouble with their system recognizing and mounting USB drives since upgrading to Leopard?

Re: USB drive failure in Leopard

I think there is a bug in USB drivers for external drives that cause hard drive to run properly. If using an external USB hard drive for storing important data, disconnect from any Leopard on systems that have, and do not use until you know this problem has been fixed.

You may have installed the latest updates for Mac OS X because various programs just stopped working. It may be useful to have a backup of OS X 10.5. Leopard install can boot and make adjustments to your system. If your problem is not resolved then just replace to hard drive.

The question is not a port problem symptoms (the same in all USB ports, while other USB devices work properly in all USB ports) and is not a problem in the device (all devices are working properly on other computers). I think it's an operating system problem.

System Profiler can detect each of the units on the USB bus properly, but the operating system does not mount devices such as external drives for access to the filesystem.

Anyways, WD Support agreed to replace the unit if not connected, if it not connects via the USB port of the unit and