Thread: Dvd Burn Error : The device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media

Dvd Burn Error : The device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media

Hi,

Today when I was burning dvd, using Disk Utility, everything went well but at the end, I got the error message, "The device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media" What does it mean ??? Why so ???

Re: Dvd Burn Error : The device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media

Is this a Mac running OSX? Or is it a windows machine? In any case, when burning a CD, the system needs to adjust the laser output to the media. There may be a fault on the drive that is causing this problem from occurring. I have two burners in my system ATA IDE controller, the other the slave. I burn DVD's in each unit, but only the captain seems to refer to the laser calibration required for CD burning, so use one for CD's and one for DVD.

Re: Dvd Burn Error : The device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media

Clean the unit some users have encountered this problem to arise if the unit has accumulated dirt and dust on the lens optics and other mechanisms of the unit, and have been able to restore functionality of cleaning the unit. There are drive cleaning kits and cans of compressed air that can be used to gently remove dust and other foreign particles from the unit.

Try the following things :
    1. Go your Blue Apple upper left. Next, choose Software Update and download all updates your computer needs.
    2 Go to Google and type PowerBook model and then look for any firmware or driver updates available and download them.
    3 Make sure you use the media High quality DVD player. Read the package and that this medium will be burned in burners of old and new as well, meaning it will burn at 1X, 2X, 4X, 8X, 16X.
    Do not forget to check, and Repair Permissions and restart the computer and you should be good to go.