Thread: USB Keyboard stopped working with my Mac OS only

USB Keyboard stopped working with my Mac OS only

Hi, i am a MAC OS X user. From last two days, my keyboard is not responding with my computer. To find out the issue i tried the same keyboard with another computer and it works fine on that. Also i tried another keyboard on my computer and that also not responding on my MAC.

Do you guys have any idea about this issue? Please help me soon. Help appreciated.

Re: USB Keyboard stopped working with my Mac OS only

This issue normally occurs on Intel-based Mac and it can also affect other types of USB mice. To resolve this issue i will suggest you to update your MAC to Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later. To update your MAC just go through these steps:-

• From the Apple menu, choose Software Update.
    • Software Update checks for available updates. In the Software Update window, select the items you want to install, then click Install. Usually, you should install all available updates. (Mac OS X v10.3 only: Click the Check Now button.)
    • Enter an administrator account name and password.
    • After installation is complete, restart the computer if required.

You can repeat these steps to see if more updates are now available. Because some software updates are prerequisites for others, you may need to repeat these steps several times to complete the software update sequence.

I think you need to Install the Apple Keyboard Update 1.0 using Software Update. If you've updated to Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later, you DO NOT need the Apple Keybard Update 1.0. If the keyboard or mouse becomes unresponsive, you may be able to unplug it and plug it back in to restore functionality until any needed updates have been installed.

Also Unplug all devices from your computer, including your mouse and keyboard, as well as your printer, scanner, cameras, iPod, external hard drives, and hubs.Plug your keyboard and mouse back into your computer firmly and securely. Take special care to make sure that the connector is completely in the port.If that still doesn't work, try plugging your keyboard in to the other USB ports. If your keyboard works in one of your USB ports but not all, your computer may need service to resolve an issue with its USB port or ports.

The first thing to do is make sure that you've got the latest software and firmware installed on your computer. Sometimes a device may have trouble if the software doesn't have the latest components to handle it. The easiest way to check for software updates is to use the Software Update pane of System Preferences. You can also download software updates and the latest firmware from Apple Support Downloads.