Thread: Unable to format USB mass storage drive

Unable to format USB mass storage drive

Hi,

I have windows Xp, when I trying to connect my USB pen drive I get a message saying that my USB key needs to be formatted, when I click OK and try formatting, again I get a message saying, disk is write protected,what is the problem, can anyone help please

Re: Unable to format USB mass storage drive

I have the solution for USB storage device. If you get the message format write protected e, right click on the taskbar and go to TaskManager and close all the desired process, you tried closing the process called searchindex.exe. click on the particular process, and then click End Task. Closing process other that starts with "t". If still not working can be tested by closing another process. Try it.

You can try to turning off your anti-virus on your computer before you format,other anti-virus blocks that may be stopping doing so .. hope it helps

Try USB Disk Security, it provides protection against any malicious programs trying to attack via USB drive. Compare USB Disk Security against other antivirus solutions, you will find out its highlights: USB Disk Security is the best antivirus software to permanently protect offline computer without the need for signature updates, but other antivirus software should update signature database regularly, and they cannot effectively protect offline computer.

sidakadjpoison Guest

Your USB is infected by some kind of virus............if u really want to format it....!!!! Well you hav to so download any USB Cleaner or format with one provided in tha CD provided with ur USB......... maany do not provide so better you download....

peace