Thread: Restore Compaq Presario 5000 series without cd

Restore Compaq Presario 5000 series without cd

I'm having a Compaq Presario 5000 series laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know that how can i restore my Compaq Presario 5000 series to its original state with out cd? Is it possible for me to do so? Let me know the correct way for doing it. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Restore Compaq Presario 5000 series without cd

Instead of going into the bios to change to boot order, try pressing a different key to pull up a separate boot order menu instead of the enter-bios key. For that you need to click on your Start menu, then need to select Run and then need to type in C:\CPQS\QUICKSR\FRESTORE.EXE. Performing this steps will surely restore Compaq Presario 5000 series without cd.

Some restore or recovery disks wont function properly unless the replacement drive is from the OEM. For that try to Run Msconfig. Then click on Launch System Restore. The progress indicator represents the time before the recovery process is started. This is only to restore the computer settings to a previous date. When the Recovery screen appears, click Next, and then click Yes to perform a normal, non-destructive recovery.

Each problem you encounter needs to be remapped through BIOS or Windows resources and memory address locations, reassigning each to an area where it works, then move onto the next. If the HD is from compaq i would contact the tech support staff. You might contact them anyway because if this is a Compaq specific issue they will probably have a workaround right in front of them.