Thread: HP dv 2626 Laptop battery problem

HP dv 2626 Laptop battery problem

I'm having a HP dv 2626 laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that my laptop's battery exhausts up within 3 hours. Can any body tell me that why i'm having HP dv 2626 laptop battery problem? How can I make it last longer? Does any body knows about it? Please provide me the correct information on the above issue. Thanks.

Re: HP dv 2626 Laptop battery problem

The battery consists of a plastic outer case, metal electrical contacts, an inner metal case filled with a chemical and special electrical contacts called electrodes, and lastly, perhaps some control circuitry. The actual life of a laptop battery will vary with computer usage habits. For most users, it is not uncommon to experience differences in battery life, of anywhere from just under one hour to over two hours in each sitting. If you are experiencing shorter battery life cycles, say 10 to 15 minutes, it may not yet be time to order that new battery.

There are several factors to take into consideration when determining if the time has come to replace your battery. Once fully charged, the charging circuit will not reactivate until after you have used the laptop under battery power. The two primary things to consider when troubleshooting battery problems is Usage Habits and Battery Memory. However, the battery slowly drains itself over time. The result is that if you have had the laptop plugged in to the AC for too long, the result will be a dead battery. Unplug the laptop from the AC for just a minute, and then reconnect. The battery will recharge.

First you need to check whether your fan is running alright. If your fan does run when the CPU gets hot, then it shouldn't be a fan problem. If the battery is actually taking a charge but it seems the battery only lasts a short time after charging, it's time to buy a new battery. If you have just purchased the laptop it will be under warranty. Go back to the shop and tell them the problem regarding the charging of the batteries.