Thread: I want to buy budget assembled desktop

I want to buy budget assembled desktop

Hi,

I am Mumbai (India) based freelance website designer / programmer.

Right now, I own an old PC (P-III 800MHz, 512MB RAM, 160GB HDD, 14'' LG CRT monitor - 1024x768 max. resolution, no graphics card, DVD-CD Combo optical drive etc.)

I need to buy a no-frills, workhorse budget assembled desktop PC ( Intel processor, chipset ) in the range of Rs. 15,000 - Rs. 18,000.

With so many parameters to think about, I want to buy something that will serve my typical day to day needs like flash designing, image designing/editing, audio editing, dot net-php coding , website browsing , MS office and other usual softwares; and yet, none of its components will go "out-of-date" for at least next 3-4 years; considering the requirements of upcoming softwares and upcoming hardware standards.

Please help me build such a desktop system in terms of "what to buy and how much it costs (as latest prices as possible)" for CPU, MoBo, HDD, RAM, Monitor, optical drive etc (no graphics card etc. required).

Thanks in advance.

Re: I want to buy budget assembled desktop

You can go for less price with dual core or Amd , considering to your work take LCd monitor

CPU,> AMD Will be chip or can try for intel core 2 due 7200
    MoBo,Asus pn5 is good
    HDD,> segate
    RAM,> Kingston 2 gb ddr3
    Monitor, > lg or viewsonic 17 inch
    optical > iboll will be chip and good

Intel original motherboard gives you a peace of mind. It also comes with inbuilt LAN. Having a LAN means you don't have to spend anything extra to get connected to the net. AMD processors are backward compatible, so i think you can use a am3 processor on am2+ board.

Intel PIV 3 GHz with Processor, VIA Chipset Motherboard, 256MB, DDR2 RAM, 80GB, Seagate HDD, 15” CRT Colour Monitor (LG), Cabinet with SMPS, Multimedia Keyboard & Optical Mouse (I ball) DVD Combo (LG), Creative Speakers will come in your budget.