Thread: Problem of voltage settings

Problem of voltage settings

I am having a small problem on my computer when the start button is turned ON. On the screen, it appears with different menu that can be achieved by pressing F10, F11, etc. and then nothing. The screen remains frozen. When we try to go into the bios, the pc asks for a password to power up and then when you go into recovery system, the pc displays "No Bootable Device - Insert a boot disk and press any key". Is this some kind of voltage settings?

Re: Problem of voltage settings

Is hard disk recognized in the bios? Check if the drive is not dead by plugging it into another computer. Why do you think that it could be voltage settings issue? Did you changed something? Overclocked or underclocked your CPU? Or something similar?

I just can not access the BIOS because of the password that is switched ON. I plugged the drive on another computer and then result: "Non-system disk or disk error. Replace and strike any key when ready." So that would mean that the hard drive is the culprit. But what worries me is that this PC has already been 2 times on repairs and twice HDD. This would mean that 3 hard drive have dropped in 2 years. I think that's a lot that you advise me?

Try out lower CPU multiplier, higher vdimm, 400/533/667 memory dividers. Make a clear CMOS: remove the battery that is on the motherboard for 5 minutes, then put it back and try to boot. That should clear the password and reset the BIOS settings. You no longer have to reconfigure.