Thread: CM6501 sound problem

CM6501 sound problem

Just few days back i had a bought a new ASUS M2N-E SLI (AM2) motherboard. There are also audio codec such as CM6501 Sound Device installed on my system. Now the problem that i'm having is, that i only get sound out of the front left speaker and nothing from my other 5 speakers. But it works fine through my headphones & mic which i had connected to my front panel connections. Can any one tell me that what i need to do in order to resolve CM6501 onboard sound problem on my system? Does any one have any idea on the above problem? Pleas help me out withe the above problem.

Re: CM6501 sound problem

On the bottom right corner of the taskbar, near by the time/date, you would be able to see a speaker icon. If you right click on that icon there you would get a couple of options. I think your master volume is up high but the WAVE volume seems to be low.

It is a USB hosted audio solution. So,it is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version on your system. I think using the latest drivers on your pc would ensures your system is working with high speed and stability. When installing or updating the drivers on your computer you should always set a System Restore Point so you can roll back the changes made in case of driver problems. This will help you if you had installed any wrong drivers on your pc. Such problems only occurs when your hardware device is too old or doesn't get any support.

I think you should try to remove the front panel wiring cable and then try to place the two factory jumpers back in that particular place. Then you need to verify whether the back jacks work or not. If they do not work, its highly recommended that you return the product to your retailer.