Thread: Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Hello,

I have recently formatted my ACER laptop and install Windows XP SP 2 as my operating system, but from few days whenever at my laptop I'm getting message that new hardware has been found: Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus. If i try to insert motherboard drivers which takes some drivers but, this annoying piece of hardware causes the Welcome menu to freeze for about 20 seconds. Does anyone know how to overcome from this message?

I think you have install RJ11 jack drivers on your laptop, but not install drivers which windows is constantly detect this modem in that case i would suggest you to right click on My computer, then select properties and goto device manager , over here you will see yellow mark telephone icon in your system tray, but that beats having a 20 second hang on the laptop. Try to disable actual drivers from device manager and i am sure after that you won't face any issue.

I was also getting Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus message whenever i try to start my Dell laptop, when i called Dell support they told me to click on Start and in run type msconfig and press enter, then a new window would get open over there goto start up tab and over there click on Disable All and reboot your computer for changes to get effected, it had worked for me, hope it works for you too.

My friend was also getting same message then finally i came to know that it's an Modem issue and this is common issue with Acer because they have got this weird thing going on where they run the modem functions over the sound bus. in that case i would suggest you to install the drivers in specific order like modem drivers first, then the sound drivers, hope it might solve your problem.

Re: Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus

I'm getting message that new hardware has been found: Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus.but I used Dell inspiron /B130 labtope
    tell me what can do

Re: Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus

In that case i would suggest you to download and install Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus from the manufacturer site and then try to install it and try to install it manually.