Thread: Burnt CDs showing as blank

Burnt CDs showing as blank

Hi Pals,

I am with a Fujitsu Siemens machine which is running with out any problem.All of sudden it started to show reluctance in reading data that I've burned onto CD's. If I put in a pre recorded shop purchased CD it is working but if I put in a CD that contains data or snaps no actions at all. When I click on the CD Rom drive it opens up as empty even though there's a full CD in the drive, yet if I put in another pre recorded CD it shows up.Same time it is allowing me to record CD's. It takes me through the entire process but at the end it gives me blank CD. Any suggestions? I'm not much in technical back ground so all responses have to be explained in bullshit talking

thanks a ton...

Re: Burnt CDs showing as blank

I know of issue like that if you don't end the burning process. I am not aware of the approach,but it thinks that you need to put more to the cd,and does not show up until you tell it that this is all you need on the cd..Go through the burning application and search for something along these lines.... If there is data on the cd. once you "close" the burning process, you should be able to do this...Hope this helps you

I am guessing it is something have to do with the hardware.You need to seriously think on this aspect.In the mean time Did you use cd-r or cd-rw? there may be a difference in how you exit the sessions.I've never used the windows xp burning software, so I don't how it quit sessions, but you may required to check the help files and see what it says about closing sessions

If you are creating a multisession Disc, you might required to finalize it prior Windows can read it.One other approach could be to use your original burning software, like Nero, and get it to report any disk information. Are you confident this is a CDR and not a CDRW? Was the disk obviously accessed at some point in time or was an real verification used when it was burned by default. So in future, always confirm all CD burns