Thread: How to remove usb mouse systematically

How to remove usb mouse systematically

I am using Windows XP service pack 2 on system.But i can't figure out such message "found new hardware" when the mouse is connected. I know my mouse functions correctly but I can't remove the mouse systematically. If I remove it directly then a dialog box pops out. If I avoid the dialog box it appears again and remains until the mouse is connected again.

any guess??

Re: How to remove usb mouse systematically

The harm, from what I learned, is that the file may get corrupted or that the device may be compromised on removing it unsafely.Some BIOS' you have to enable a use Legacy option to be able to use USB keyboards and mouse, but don't recall this turning of the ability to still use PS/2 components.You might want to probe the BIOS to see if there is an individual selection for type of keyboard or mouse.

This is some thing common dealing with the usb mouse as far as my concern.With a computer a usb mouse would be expected to be permanently connected. The PC doesn't move around so there's no need to plug & unplug the mouse.With a laptop however things are quite another aspect. laptops have a Synaptics Mousepad permanently built-in so we can see that an external mouse may be plugged/unplugged frequently. You don't required to inform Windows to disconnect it just pull it out as the mouse pad is still present there.

Are you using an actual PS/2 mouse, or a USB mouse with an adapter?.If the mouse wasn't designed to be used with both USB and PS/2 interfaces, it won't work with the adapter.First you have to unplug all USB devices. In the utility, right click each entry and chose "Uninstall Device".Restart the machine and plug each device in on by one. I would plug the mouse in first now see anything happening