Thread: System Battery Low

System Battery Low

I had installed Windows Xp as my operating system on my pc. The problem is that whenever i try to work on my pc, it gives out an error message saying low system battery on your system. It ask me to press F1 key to continue, so i did the same. But after a while the same message appears on my desktop screen. Can any body tell me that why does it shows an error message saying system battery low on your system? What i need to do in order to get rid of the above issue. Kindly provide me the correct solution to resolve the above issue.

Re: System Battery Low

According to me you need to open up your pc and then try to locate the CMOS battery. You need to press down the battery with one of you fingers to ensure the battery is properly seated. Ensure that the pc is turned off before doing so. If this does not resolve you problem, i would suggest replacing the battery.

Are there any programs that can test each piece of hardware to see if it's that? The system battery that keeps things ticking over when the machine is powered down - it is a small battery on the mother board that runs out of puff eventually. It's possible this somehow got drained during the outage, but sounds more like a coincidence. It is easily and cheaply replaced.

Try a new CMOS battery. About the size of a quarter. It indicates that your CMOS battery probably is low. If your computer is under warranty, have them change it, as opening the case might void it. BIOS has a battery on it, and its what keeps the ROM with the BIOS on it with power even when the PC is shut off. I highly suggest you get that new BIOS battery as soon as possible.