Thread: DELL OptiPlex GX260 System Low Voltage

DELL OptiPlex GX260 System Low Voltage

I'm having a DELL Optiplex GX260. The problem is that whenever i turn on my system i receive a 'System Low Voltage' error message on my desktop screen. I can also see the power LED in Orange light. I had even replaced the CMOS battery but it doesn't worked out for me. So, can any body tell me that why i'm getting gx260 low voltage error message? What i need to do in order to get rid of the above issue? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Re: DELL OptiPlex GX260 System Low Voltage

When you try to turn it on, does the fan on the power supply spin up? It looks like that system supports PCI (which isnt PCI-E), and AGP. Both of these have been superseded by PCI-E (which your system doesnt support).

AGP and PCI are pretty much obsolete (the cards are, AGP cards may still be around, you'll be lucky to find PCI video cards). Get it to a position where you can see the back of the unit. Electronics happen to be natural dust magnets. Sometimes these guys collect so much it can stop the fan and cause over heating.

According to me you would need to change the processor. Power supply dying would certainly seem the most likely diagnosis. It might also be that your RAM may have broken. RAM is the stuff which is commonly known as memory and makes everything run. I had the same problem with mine and replaced the RAM and it then worked fine for me.