Thread: How to check performance of CPU

How to check performance of CPU

Hi,
    I had recently purchased a second hand Intel Core2Duo Processor for my computer. Now after installing it the system is not giving the speed which I was really expecting. As compare to this my old Pentium 4 Processor was working great. I need some suggestion to check the performance of a processor. Means I need a kind of CPU monitoring tool which can get me statistic about the processor work. I had a small gadget on my desktop which shows up CPU performance. That shows up that my processor is busy more than 70 percent. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to check performance of CPU

You can test it by many utilities available in Windows. The first one is Task Manager. Just click on Ctrl + Alt + Del. In that click on the Performance tab. The tool will show you the graphical representation of the processor performance. Second way is right click on My Computer and select Properties. In that you can determine the clock speed for the processor. Otherwise click on Start > Run and type msinfo32 hit ok. In the tool you can get entire details about your system.

Performance Monitor is small free ware tool which gives you the information about the Memory, disk and other network process. The application represent everything in fully graphs mode which can be configured completely. The application became transparent when you move the mouse forward with left click. You can simply place it anywhere. Download the application from below and check out.
    Performance Monitor Download

Fresh Diagnose is also a freeware separate utility which is only use to analyze the performance about the computer. You can not only check the performance of a processor but also different hardware. A scanning service offers you full report about the computers hardware and software's. You can simply test your system performance and compare it with other system. It is a freeware tool available on many sites for free download.