Thread: LCD screen with webcam dell inspiron 1525 does not work

LCD screen with webcam dell inspiron 1525 does not work

I have Dell Inspiron 1525 which already completed 2-3 years with me, this was the best laptop i have ever used, this never gives any major problem till date, but now the problem is that lcd screen camera does not work poroperly that means it could not start , what would be the problem.

Re: LCD screen with webcam dell inspiron 1525 does not work

Try updating the drivers and reboot. If that does not work, I recommend contacting Laptop Support.You can look in the Device Manager and see if it shows up, if it's not there then there's a good chance it's fried. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager. Browse around, I wish I could tell you where it should be listed, but I don't currently have a web cam. If it's fried, you could try and replace it yourself, or send it in, provided your laptop is still under warranty.

I reinstalled windows vista the other day and all the drivers and software that came with the computer, It keeps telling me that no webcam is plugged it, and that I should attach one, The webcam is internal, and has had no previous problems but since then when I try to use my Inspiron 1525 integrated webcam it appears black on screen. Can you tell me how to fix this? The device manager says the driver is up to date and I was using the webcam fine before I had to reinstall windows.

Go to the product page of the Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook, In "LCD Panel" section, change selection to "15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display, The drivers for the webcam are pre-installed and an HP Webcam 1000 icon displays on the desktop. Double-click on the icon to activate the webcam. The blue light illuminated next to the webcam lens, just above the LCD screen, indicates the webcam is on.