Thread: Identification by Fcc Id

Identification by Fcc Id

Hello , i have computer Dialup modem, i Cannot seem to Recognise and Locate the Product Manufacturer , and Hence cannot Download the Drivers for it , the only Think i can find is the Fcc id Number for theese Modem , So can you Tell me is there any way to identify these modem by using the Fcc id , or any other modem , please tell me thanks in advance

Re: Identification by Fcc Id

FCC ID Normally stands for the Federal Communications Commission identification. FCC ID numbers, are usually printer on the circuit boards of the Device are areally useful for finding information on manufacturers of hardware devices.

Federal Communications Commission IDentification number found on almost every piece of computer hardware. FCC ID numbers are useful for finding information about the manufacturer of the hardware device or other useful information if no other numbers can be found.

The FCC ID consists of 2 elements. The first is a three-character called as the Grantee Code, which generally begins with an alphabetic character and does not contain 1 or 0. The FCC has permanently assign this code to a company for authorization of radio frequency equipment. therefore the recipient or the applicant of each manufactured device has its unique Grantee Code.

The second element of the FCC ID is the product code, which can include hyphens and dashes. FCC ID is proof that the equipment and the manufacturer complies with specified FCC technical standards

The FCC label affixed to the device to indicate the classification (A or B) to which it belongs. The label of a Class B device includes an FCC logo or FCC ID. The label of Class A devices do not include logo or FCC ID , The first 3 characters are the company code, the next 14 are the product code. (entering the first three alone will get you the company name) , A FCC ID search can be found at http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/