Thread: Need details on Motorola DCH3416 DVR

Need details on Motorola DCH3416 DVR

Hi,
    I want to buy a DVR for my media center pc. So I had seen a DVR by Motorolaa. The model number of the same is Motorola DCH3416. I need some details on the same. Like the features and supports. I have a Windows Vista MCE at the home. The media center is connected to Comcast Digital TV service. If possible can anyone provide me with the use guide. As the manual as entire details about the system configuration and other settings. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need details on Motorola DCH3416 DVR

It is a traditional DVR by Motorola. All in all it is nice option for your Media Cetner pc. You can simply go for it. I will list you some of the best features of the product so that it can help you to take decision. The DVR has a M Card support. That means you can add a Multi stream cable card in it. But that it conditional. The box support dual recording and record at the time watch function. The box has inbuilt 160GB space. It supports SD, ED and HD with mpeg 2 support. Supports 64 / 256 QAM. The box will also give you Dolby Digital sound. Other this the product gives you more and termed as a ideal solution for the home theater pc.

I had attached the guide below. Download and view. The guide has a full information about the DVR. The best feature is gives you a full support to HDTV, SDTV and data service with advanced features. The set top box gives ample recording space. You can even access more services by adding up a cable card in it. It has wide range of services and applications. The product is an proper solution for simple home networking.

Motorola DCH3416 Guide

In simple words Motoral DCH3416 is a 160Gb set top box with all in one HD DVR digital recorder that supports multi strea cable card for watching and recording different TV Streams at a single time in PiP mode. I had found the product really attractive. It syncs with your home theater system easily and it really easy to configure also. PiP ( Picture in Picture ) is a feature which lacks in many players. The user came to know about this after using the product. But here you do not need to worry about the same. The device works with firewire and usb 2.0 support.

printerface Guest

For a fully featured solution you need to have some form of:

1. Input into your computer to record the video and audio

2. if you wish to have the computer act as the DVR, and not the cable box then you will need to add some control software to the computer, and also you will need to have some way of changing the channel on the cable box.

The most basic of solutions would be to purchase a video capture card / USB device which has a Video input. In the Computer based DVR world the hauppage PVR 150s are great and in expensive (Complete with hardware MPEG Encoding, trust me you want this). This with the supplied software would allow you to record the S-Video out of the box and the analog Audio into your computer.

There is not a consumer grade video capture device that will allow for recording from the HDMI port, or Component Outs.

i.e., if you want to record HDTV off this box via analog, I'm sorry. It can't be done..