Thread: Synaptics touchpad suddenly stopped working

Synaptics touchpad suddenly stopped working

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satelite A200 with windows vista on it. The Synaptics Touchpad just is not working anymore. I am getting error,"unable to connect to the synaptics pointing device driver. if you have installed another PS/2 pointing driver please uninstall the synaptics driver by clicking on the yes button. you then need to reinstall your pointing device driver for your external device again." Can someone please tell me what to do to make it work again.. It has been working all this time and now Synaptics touchpad suddenly suddenly stopped working.

Re: Synaptics touchpad suddenly stopped working

Synaptics touchpad suddenly stops working because some machines have a hardware button or function key combo that disables it. Go into the BIOS. choose the discard changes option and exit, logged onto Windows, and the problem will be solved. Otherwise, if you've tried the drviers and the synaptics software, it could be a hardware problem that you need to call Toshiba about it.

Try using System Restore and going back to a previous restore point before it stopped working. Go to Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager and look for Synaptics Touchpad and try to update the driver from there or try uninstalling and reinstalling it. I would think an external mouse would be easier and faster for you.

I think Synaptics touchpad is disabled. To make it work you need to go in windows, press Fn+F7 or the combination you have to activate/desactivate manually the touchpad, In the bios press F2 when it appears the ACER screen when booting, make surethat it is enabled.