Thread: Cannot receive OTA channles in Phoenix

Cannot receive OTA channles in Phoenix

Hi,
    I am having Hp media center laptop. I had just connected my latop to a LCD TV to check out weather I can receive a digital channel via Set top box. I am staying in Phoenix. I media center pc is not able to catch OTA channels. When I run the media center it does not catch any channels. What are the requirements are needed to run the Digital TV service on a Media Center. So here I think I need a good OTA Antenna to catch the stations. Which can be the best OTA antenna's. I want some details on a system by which I can receive a HDTV and what is difference between analog and digital television set. What extra services are offered under this.

Re: Cannot receive OTA channles in Phoenix

An OTA antenna is a device which can receive over the air signals which are broadcast by a TV station. The main need to use this device is that it needs a external tuner card which is connected to the home theater system. I am using Winegard YA 1713 antenna receive my OTA channels. It works great with no transmitting errors. After the antenna comes a good HD Tuner. I am using a portable Hauppauge WinTV HVR 950. Just connect the antenna to the Tuner and the Tuner to the TV. Your broadcasting will start working. The output quality is really good. The reason behind your non availability of OTA channels in improper Tuner or bad antenna. OTA channels are free over the air channels which are used by all the local areas. The government channels comes in this area.

In Phoenix there are both analog and digital tv available. But all of them are not HDTV. If you want HD channels then you have to subscribe for HDTV service which will be transmitted to your TV via HDTV. Here you need a OTA antenna and quick tuner and a subscribed service. But if you just want OTA channels then just connect the antenna. A free HD channels can be viewed with the help of a TV tuner card in a media center pc. This are the unencrypted channels. You can run them your media center and record them as you want. So the service usually depends on the basis of service available in your area. The difference between analog and digital channels in the output quality. The picture in digital channel is brighter, high resolution and with out any broadcasting error.

The most common difference between both the type of analog and digital channels in screen picture ration. The current NTSC system in a TV uses 4:3 ratio for a regular square screen while in wide screen the digital channel gave out 16:9. The digital signals are made up some horizontal lines that are made up of millions of individual picture elements. So you receive a good and high quality pictures. Digital TV are rich in color as compare to Analog. Digital TV give access to more channels and quality service.