Thread: How to work with DVR Recording

How to work with DVR Recording

Hi,
    I want to copy some recorded shows from my DVR to mulitple media. Like CD/DVD or VCR. So I need some simple and safe practice to create such disc. I had tried it by copy pasting the recorded shows to a PC then using AnyDVD to burn the data. When I insert the same in my DVD player it does not found any burned video file. This irritate me a lot. I wasted some disc on that. So before doing this back again I need some proper solutions for the same. Any suggestions really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to work with DVR Recording

First of all it does not need any advanced technical skills to record shows from the DVR box. The thing you need is a DVR player, DVD and a TV Set for display information. First connect the S-video cable from the DVD player to the DVR Player. Properly connect the cables and check the settings. Then change the TV setting to match the DVD for recording. If the cable is correctly connected properly then playback the show and insert a DVD RW. Adjust the recording time as per the instruction given by the DVR. A 2 hour time is set to be proper for a good recording and better quality.

A DVR is a digital video recorder which is made especially to record on air shows. You can attach it to your computer or a VCR to record the shows directly. It just needs a proper input and output settings and a nice cable. The power on it and wait for light to glow dark. The menu will load up on your screen. Then pres the menu button and wait for a moment. Now scroll down and look for the DirectTV menu option. Type the first letters of your favorite shows and navigate. Select your choice and start recording. Save it and if you want you can just simply delete to increase your hard drive space.

It really easy to copy a recorded shows from a Digital TV to the PC via a Digital Recorder. The second thing you have to ensure that DVR saves the shows in the form of DVR-MS. This format stands for high quality recorded shows. This format is not supported by traditional DVD players and audio player in Windows. You will need a proper converter for the same. You can use Xilisoft converter. It converts your DVR-MS format to Mpeg which is a common video format. Then you can use any CD burner tool to create a video disk. Otherwise it of now use to burn those data in DVR-MS format.