Thread: Comcast service on ATI All-in-Wonder

Comcast service on ATI All-in-Wonder

Hi,
    I want to buy a ATI All-in-Wonder TV Tuner card for my Media Center PC. I am using a old version of TV Tuner card same belong to ATI. It came with my media center pc. Before putting money I need to find answers for some queries. The first one is that I am using Comcast service right now on my Media PC. If I upgrade the card then does component video cable is fine or I need to switch to any other expensive HD cable to get a clear broadcasting. Other thing recently at my friends house he was not receiving some particular HD channels. He tried to run the entire setup again, contacted the cable company, etc but still he does not found those channels. What can be cause for this. And will the new card work fine with Comcast box. What is the minimum system requirement for the same.

Re: Comcast service on ATI All-in-Wonder

Yes your ATI card is fully compatible to your box and media center. You do not need to worry about that. Just installed proper drivers and then run it. Otherwise it will be hard for you to find the answer behind any error. ATI All in Wonder is a graphic and Tv tuner card. It is a single combination of both. The new card is faster and equipped with multiple functions. I am listing the entire specification and system requirement for the TV Tuner card. First on is that you must know it is a PCI Express card which needs a x16 lane graphic slot. That is on you motherboard. You can use with a P4 or AMD Phenom or below processors. The new thing you will have to add in your system is a 400 w power supply. At least 1 GB of minimum ram is needed with a good sound card. You need a amplified antenna for catching NTSC TV signals. That means a proper Digital TV Service. The card includes a high end graphic technology with a Theater technology support. The card can read ATSC2, NTSC, Digital HD, QAM and FM radio signals. The card has onboard 512 Mb memory. It offers you a single HDMI, Dual link DVI-I, DVI to VGS and F type coax tv connector .

No need of getting a expensive HD cable for the TV Tuner card. I will give you a better output on Component cable only. The thing that matters here is clear broadcasting service. Here are some features and benefits you will get when you add up the card to your Media center pc. A support for reading variety of broadcasting signals. A PVR support which is best for your personal video recording. Awesome image quality with a unified video decoder. Convenient in use with video capture service in MPEG2 video type. So do not need an additional third party to tool to create a HD quality movie. The card offers you to use ATI Catalyst Media Center service. Here you can edit your home videos and create you own disc.

The problem mentioned by you on your friend's Media center pc is due to TV Pack for Windows Vista. Microsoft has officially launched an update for Windows Media PC which enables a Media Center pc to read several broadcast channels frequency. Tell him to run the update for the TV pack from the Microsoft site. I am providing a below link for the same, so that in future you an even use it. The link is both for 32 and 64 bit of Windows Vista. This update will fix the issue of those missing channels on your Media center pc.