Thread: Can BAD Memory Cause Shutdown

Can BAD Memory Cause Shutdown

I am having some thing or the other error on my computer i don't know what the error is about but it is causing my computer to shutdown again & again... I think i have lot of data on my hard disk & it might be some error in the hardisk or RAM which is causing this thing.... Do Bad Memory Cause Shutdown ??? Any Replies will be Appreciated...!

Re: Can BAD Memory Cause Shutdown

Yes you are right there can be some virus or damage on the Harddisk which might cause computer to Shutdown... Firstly tel me weather it is getting restarted at some particular point or when you running some program & is causing this???? I this is caused at some particular point or after some program is started then it is that the program is corrupt remove the program from the computer & your problem is solved....!

I think this is purely case of Harddisk corrupt because the same thing was happening with my fried & after replaced the new harddisk with it... It got solved.... So i will ask you to check your harddisk on someone else computer & then if even the same problem persist there then you should definitely replace the harddisk.... To solve your problem....!

As per my knowledge T.J. has given the right solution but there can be other possibilities that can cause the computer shutdown like RAM if the RAM or it's slot is corrupted then also your computer gets restarted.... So see if your RAM works on someone else computer...!