Thread: Scientific Atlanta copyright protection

Scientific Atlanta copyright protection

Hi,
    I have a Scientific Atlanta IPTV at my home. My cable service provider is Time Warner company. Now issue is that I had connected the IPTV set top box to my media center PC. I want to transmit channels to my PC and then to record them. I had tried the same before but the burning process does not work. Nero does not burn a data which has format of DVR-MS. So I just need some general information about the set top box and some solution regarding the copying of recorded shows.

Re: Scientific Atlanta copyright protection

Scientific Atlanta gives you a complete IPTV solution for your PC environment to view on air digital channels. It is a Internet Protocol service that can transmit voice, data and TV channels. It offers you a world class high definition channels world wide. The features of the set top box is HDTV, DVR, Multi room DVR, Video on demand, games, PiP, web base applications, etc. And for the recording of shows you will need a DVR-MS converter. So that you can convert them to any common format and burn it on a disc.

The below links give you a guide for IPTV which gives all the details regarding the features and support of it. To burn a DVR-MS format you will need a good DVR-MS converter. There are ample for them available on the internet for free download. Download any simple one and convert the files to MPEG format. It is most common format for viewing files on a video disc.
    IPTV Guide

The DVR-MS format contains copyright protected content. The service provided by IPTV is for a single user and you cannot copy them and distribute them to others. In the same way Nero will not burn a copyright protected disc. It will give you errors. As the content are protected under copyright act it is protected under the rights of the owner.