Thread: Get more Space on Hard Drive

Get more Space on Hard Drive

I am facing & issue with my hard drive space issue with my computer i have lot of space eaten up.... so i want to get more space on hard disk to store some more files.... Does anyone know how to do that...??? How to get more space on the hard disk ???

Re: Get more Space on Hard Drive

Before you begin to do anything, do a complete backup of your system :

Click on My computer for double, click right on the icon of its C drive: , and it selects Properties. Soon it clicks in the Liberating button of space in disc. Windows will show a list to him of types of Deletable archives, along with the space that can protest of each. Each category stands out to obtain an explanation than they will be sweepings, and marks the one that wishes to clean. It clicks in Accepting. Windows will ask to him that to confir their election to me and, next, the archives for you are eliminated. East passage for each hard disk in its PC repeats.

In Windows Me and XP - although not in the 98 - the system stores the configuration that can use for "go back" if a change of system causes problems. If you make a pile of the installation and desinstalación, has many points of restoration occupying space. In order to eliminate all except most recent, it clicks in Cleaning by virtue of Recovering system in the card More options.

To drain the recycling wastebasket. To defragment each of its hard disks. For it, it open My PC, it clicks right in the icon of the unit, and selects Properties. It selects to the card Tools, and it clicks in Defragment now.

The more time to use Windows, is the more probable that it is going to fill your hard disk with the applications that rarely use. In order to see what you have installed, it clicks in Cleaning in " Programs installation" of the card More options. In Windows 98 and Me, one goes away to him to the one To add or to clear programs Properties of screen. The program stands out that wishes to eliminate and clicks in the button To add or to clear. Windows XP offers more information when doing click in each one of the applications, including the frequency with which we used and the amount of space that occupies. In order to eliminate each one of the requests, that click in Changing chooses, does and, next, it follows the instructions.

Deleting Temporary Files
    It can unload a program like Cocktail or execute scripts with you free a little more work. To go to Spotlight and writes "terminal" , and soon it is abre. It writes in this line, without the quotation marks: " I sweat periodic weekly newspaper mensual". Its password of administrator will be requested to him and, next, to execute the cleaning of scripts not to interrupt it. The terminal will return when it becomes. Also see some similar threads can help you out....! See the following link to find some more solution on it...!

Lost hard drive space on laptop
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1078593.htm
    unexplained loss of hard drive space on disk
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1042497.htm
    Vista Eats Up All My Hard Drive Space...
    http://www.helium.com/items/1326116-...rd-drive-space