Thread: How to configure IR Blaster

How to configure IR Blaster

I am trying to add a remote to control IR blast via my cable box. I had purchased it from ebay. I am not able to get the exact figure out of it. First for all it is giving problem and not able to recognize the IR Remote/blaster hardware. I had updated the latest driver and installed the card also properly. How to configure it properly. Then I need a guide to setup a creative video blaster.

Re: How to configure IR Blaster

Did you properly learn the procedure of configuring a IR blaster. It is necessary that you should learn the remote code to configure it properly. Are you using a normal windows driver. If yes then upgrade the latest driver or look for any alternate driver. It is important to learn the codes to blast and you have to teach the hip to respond to the hipsend 1 from a command line. Otherwise you will never get result for what you are looking for.

I think you will need a replacement for the remote/blaster driver and a upgrade to the ehome infrared receiver. After that you have to configure GBPVR to use the MCE channel charger. Other thing you can install HIP and use it as your channel changer. First ensure that you have updated your driver. Other wise it will not work. See the below guide for more configuration information.
    Guide to Configure IR

For the creative thing I have some steps. First connect Creative Video Blaster Digital VCR card to the set top box by coaxial cable or any audio video audio cable. Then connect the IR blaster sensor and ensure that the IR blaster are clean and does not has any disturbance. Put the IR blaster censor on the satellite box with the emitter sensor. Run the Digital VCR setup configuration. Follow the wizard. Now point the remote to the IR sensor and then test it.