Thread: How to add bluetooth driver for xp

How to add bluetooth driver for xp

Hi

Yesterday i purchased bluetooth device for my computer is anyone know how to install bluetooth in my computer. I also don't have bluetooth driver. I am using windows Xp. I want to connect my phone to computer through bluetooth.

Re: How to add bluetooth driver for xp

To install a Bluetooth device, you only have to connect it. Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) includes drivers for many Bluetooth devices. If Windows does not recognize a Bluetooth device, you can still use it by using the generic software support that Windows includes, or you can use the driver that the device manufacturer provides.

You can use the Bluetooth Devices item in Control Panel to configure Bluetooth settings. By using Bluetooth Devices, you can do one or more of the following:

• Add or remove a device.
    • View the properties of a device.
    • Change your Bluetooth options.
    • Add a COM port.

In Bluetooth Devices, the Devices tab shows all the devices that are currently configured on your computer. By using the Devices tab, you can add a device, remove a device, or view the properties of a device.

To add a device, follow these steps on your computer:

• Click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK.
    • In Bluetooth Settings, click Add.
    • In the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard, click to select the My device is set up and ready to be found check box, and then click Next.

Note You cannot click Next until you click to select the My device is set up and ready to be found box. A device that has discovery turned off cannot be detected during a search.

When you click Next, your computer searches for any discoverable devices that are in range. When the search is complete, the devices appear in the wizard.
    • Select a device to add, and then click Next.

After you select the device to add, you can enter a passkey for the device. A passkey is a code that is used to control access to a device. Using a passkey may help improve the security of your connection. However, the device that you add may not require a passkey.

From here you can download bluetooth drivers.