Thread: Best Hardisk for Ghost Imaging Software

Best Hardisk for Ghost Imaging Software

Hi,
    I am going to upgrade a extra hardisk for my system. This hard drive will only be used for backup. So I want to know which is best hard drive which I can use to put a Ghost Image. I have Norton Ghost in my system. What size should I recommend and which company. Because I had a vast amount of data in my system. I had also purchase the Home Edition of Norton Ghost 14.0. What are it new features. Thanks.

Re: Best Hardisk for Ghost Imaging Software

Ghost 14.0 is the latest version in Symantec backup utility. The software offers you a full back up. That means you can create a image file of your entire hard drive including the partition. Otherwise you can just use File and Folder backup. It has added with FTP backup. That means you can restore your web contents also. The new Incremental and differential backup system guides Ghost to backup only those files which are edited not the entire system again.

I will recommend you to use a flash hard disk for your system backup. Because once you had back up the system you can keep the hard drive safe and use it only when required. The best flash hard drive in the market is Samsung 64 Flash Drive and Samsung 32 GB SSD Drive. The first one Samsung 64 Flash Drive is a shock proof device. It is a powerful and reliable disc. The second one is a 1.8" faster drive yet. Flash drives are much more reliable the the regular hard disk. As they do not have any moving parts in them.

Buy a 1TB Seagate hard disk. A 1TB space can give you almost space much higher than a regular one. The hard disk is a stand alone unit that is built on latest Seagate Technology LLC. It is costly but a one time solution for your back up and restoration. The hard drive carries a 32 MB cache memory for more speed up performance. As the software reliability is not determined on the hard drive so you can even put a choice of yours also.