Thread: Optiarc dvd rw blue screen

Optiarc dvd rw blue screen

Hello

The problem is when I want to reformat, I put the installation CD, then everything is fine but ...... when it has finished uploading the files i receive this message in blue screen

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If you see this error screen 'stop for the 1st time, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for any viruses on your computer. Remove any disk drive or hard disk controller newly installed. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.Run CHKDSK / F to check for damage to your hard drive and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0xOOOOOO7B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

So I tried with another CD, also with a blank hard disk, but Still the same problem!

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Re: Optiarc dvd rw blue screen

Follow the following actions :

* On start up , press F2 to enter BIOS
    * Expand the "Drives" section
    * Go to "SATA Operation"
    * Change this from "RAID Auto/AHCI" to "RAID Auto/ATA"

For more check here Installing Windows XP: STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Device Driver Issues
    You may receive a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message in the following scenarios:

* A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is not configured to start during the startup process.
    * A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted.
    * Information in the Windows XP registry (information related to how the device drivers load during startup) is corrupted.

Windows XP requires a miniport driver to communicate with the hard disk controller that is used to start your computer. If Windows XP does not supply a device driver for your controller or if Windows XP is using a corrupted or incompatible driver, you must replace the driver with a valid copy that is compatible with your controller and Windows XP.

check here for more

There were three choices in the bios for SATA DD: AHCI / SATA / RAID. Look in your BIOS if you have an option that not SATA compatible, and select and Enhanced AHCI. It seems to me to change this option to reinstall a xp