Thread: Need Firmware update for Sony AD 7640 S

Need Firmware update for Sony AD 7640 S

Hi,
    I have Sony DVD writer. The model number of the DVD writer is Sony AD 7640 S. I need a firmware upgrade of this hardware. I had recently installed Windows Vista in my PC. And the drive is not reading my old DVD's. I have a bunch of games and videos in them. So please give the link of the firmware upgrade of this hardware. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need Firmware update for Sony AD 7640 S

The hardware is called Sony NEC Optiarc. It is a dual layer 8x DVD writer. The DVD is a quiet handy tool for burning disc. The problem here is that it is an outdated model and you will need to search on Sony site for the firmware upgrade. Second thing you can do is uninstall the Device completely and connect to internet. Then Windows will detect the drive and install the relevant driver by searching online.

Just check the proper model number of the drive which is written on the cover of the write. Once you go the proper model number click on the below link and search for your model. If can locate it them click on it. A agreement will comes accept it and download a small firmware updater. Run the tool and it will update the current firmware for the hardware.
    Sony Drives Page

Download the free tool below. It is called Driver Robot. The software is a driver scanner which locates your hardware and install the drivers from its database online. The tool gives you following features a Drive Scanner, Driver Database, Database updates, etc. The Database has firmwares and drives of thousands of hardware. It is compatible with windows vista. Just uninstall any tool and Drive Robot fill found the relevant driver.
    Driver Robot