Thread: What's the best laptop cooler

What's the best laptop cooler

Hello,

I would like to purchase a brand new laptop cooler for my notebook.so i would like to know are there any laptop coolers out there that really make a difference?

thanks for any opinions.!!

Re: What's the best laptop cooler

The last one I thought they made was the lapcool 3 which I know was very cheap. I'm looking the temps on my cpu in my sig (it's a laptop) and without any additional cooling on a wood table I am getting 80c on full load, I didn't know that laptop cpus could handle that, and that's without any laptop cooler.Figure that many will not want to risk such an adventure they should at least be doing the yearly blast of air in the vents and augment the cooling with the above units

My self purchased two usb notebook coolers from fluidtek.The thermal take and antec ones are just expensive cause they are brands, there are equivalent ones that are much cheaper.the thermaltake and antec ones have just one extra bonus depending on the model is that some of them are the aluminum designs with the grills that are nice in aiding heat dissipation. and some of them have the elevating stand for comfort.Remember laptop cool pads are "heat dissipators" they cool the air before it gets pumped into laptop and disspate the heat from the base.
    If you look at the inner packaging of the fluidtek one, it will give you a power reading etc. you will find it cools sufficiently, but nothing that you will notice significantly.laptop coolpads are only good for 3 things.Heat dissipation to AID cooling,additional features like tilted angles, and usb hub.A surface you can stand it on, which u can then place anywhere.But usb drains the battery,change the power settings to save the life
    But when your plugged in, you need more cooling cause your running at higher power settings and the added heat from charging and inflow of electricity requires cooling.

Hi there,
    I am very impressed with Targus X rack, as it's lightweight, portable, need not to be plugged in and holds the laptop up off of the desk, your lap, your bed, the sofa,what ever. I purchased mine on sale at one of those daily deal places.When I was shopping for one, I researched different kinds and found that the ones with fans burn out in time! This is non mechanical and just folds up and stores easily in your laptop case. Only 5.6 oz too.