Thread: DVD drive not playing audio

DVD drive not playing audio

I had just installed a Samsung Dual Layer DVD writer in my pc. While playing a DVD I can see the video but the audio is not playing. The same happens with the mp3 CD's also. I had changed the CD's and then try to see that the problem is solved or not. But no progress yet. It is a new device which must not give such problem. What should I do here to bring the audio back. I have Windows XP Pro in my system.

Re: DVD drive not playing audio

Download the latest codec pack for your system. This can be a codec issue. As you hardware is new and it is reading DVD's that means the problem is with the audio. Download K lite codec pack. It includes all the codecs which is needed by you computer to play the latest audio and video formats. It also supports encoding to multiple formats. The codec is built for Media player, FFDShow, XviD, DivX, mpeg, avi splitter,etc. Go to below link to download it.
    Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.3.1 - Its Free !!

I will advice you to update the driver of the Device. Do this. Right click on My Computer and select Properties. Then go to Hardware Tab and click on Device Manager. Now located you DVD drive and right click on it. Uninstall the hardware. Restart you system and let windows detect the device. Windows will install the drive again. Now see weather the audio is working or not.

Try a different audio tool like Winamp or VLC to view the movies. If the audio works in any of the above software that means the issue is with the codecs. You will need to download the latest codec for your system. Other wise just unplug the device and plug it back again. Check it again. Then at last you will need to run a firmware update for the drive.