Thread: How to remove motherboard from Dell dimension 4600c

How to remove motherboard from Dell dimension 4600c

My friend wants to replace the motherboard of his Dell Dimension 4600c pc. The motherboard is fried out. He had shown it to the technician who consult him to change the board. Here I want to ask that is it possible by which I can replace the board by my own self. The DIY thing. I have some technical knowledge about the system. But I cannot open the tower of the system. Can anyone list me the specification and the way to change the motherboard. So by the specification details I can have the exact board. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to remove motherboard from Dell dimension 4600c

I will not recommend you to open the computer by your own hand. Because it has lots of connections and cables inside it. You can open it any how but cannot place back the board. Just spend some money and call a technician. The technician will not only place the board but it will also require configuration. You cannot do that. But still if you want to try then visit dell site for a complete manual.

The Dell Dimension 4600c Desktop pc is a mini tower personal computer. The specification of the system is that it comes with intel 865G chipset motherboard with L2 cache. Intel Pentium 4 processor works on it. The RAM is minimum 512MB DDR SDRAM which comes with the system and supports upto to 2GB of the same type. The RAM is DIMM 184-pin. It comes with 80GB standard dma/ata drive. The graphic controller is inbuilt on the motherboard. Buy the mother board according to the specification only. Better call dell for that.

It is not good if you are going to change the board with limited knowledge. It was fine with hard drive or cd/dvd drive. Because they just need a cable connection. But the motherboard needs to be configured properly and place in. I will advice you to hire a technician for that. Other wise you can open the computer by laying it off on the table and the cover should face up. Remove the screws from back and drag cover downside. Then you can see the components inside the box. Remove all the cable connections. But you have to remember that which one was connected to which hardware. Unscrew the board and place a new one in its place. Connect everything and boot your system.