Thread: Sound Proofing for a Computer Case

Sound Proofing for a Computer Case

I have tried several option to minimize the noise comes from my computer, and for that i have decided to use the sound proofing to my computer case and for that i want your opinion does it really help reducing noise comes out of CPU? does it have any adverse effect on the inside component of my computer system. and also let me know where do i get this done for my computer case.

Thanks

Re: Sound Proofing for a Computer Case

Dynamat is also making a noise reduction kit. It isn't foam though and I believe that the installation is permanent. You may attach foam to your sideways to your computer case it does not harm at all to your inside component, it is safe at most of the time.

Depending on how strict your requirements for cooling are, Nexus case provides Plastic Case With Soundproofing, From the outside, you cannot guess what is inside the part-plastic midi tower doesn't seem to be that bad a solution. The two side covers are held on by just one flanged screw and easily detach from the rest of the case. Since the whole case stands on two massive pedestals, there is little room inside for too much computer hardware.

There are lots of absorbing computer cases are available in the market which are Designed to reduce the noise in your PC case, Makes your PC whisper quite, 2 form mats for damping airboard sound, 4 special multilayer mats for damping structure borne sounds, Mat size 33x16cm is ideal for midi cases, Soundproofing a computer is pretty straightforward; basically it entails either wrapping the CPU in a closed cell foam mat such as America foam, or actually lining the insides of the computer case with the same type of foam mat.