Thread: What is the best temperature for the cpu

What is the best temperature for the cpu

I am using a dual core system for my professional use which is having 3 fans for cooling the system. Normally my CPU's temperature remains between 45 to 50 deg and ambient Temp is around 40 deg C. Some people say just for sake of saying that 50 deg is very high, when it comes to 40 they its not too good, etc etc.. What i want is to keep my system active and prevent them from any damage. So could you guys have any suggestion regarding what will be the best temperature for any cpu ?

Re: What is the best temperature for the cpu

As per me, i keep my CPU's temperature as lower as possible. So i'll suggest you also keep as low as you can and it will better. Because as you reach, or exceed the maximum operational temperature of a processor the system will start freezing, machine will crash, etc..You should try to keep these AMD and Intel cpu below 60 deg c by ensuring no dust on the heatsink and thermal paste under the heatsink is still good. You can set Maximum Allowable Temp to 60C, but if you are able to manage to keep your system as cool as you say, then you could set yourself more rigorous standards. Perhaps an alarm at 55C in addition to Emergency Shutdown at 60C. Also be aware of the airflow to the rest of the parts in the case like southgate chips, harddrive or Video cards also has temperature.

The best temperature for your CPU is at what it keep working fine. As you said you have 3 fans and you are not facing any problem with the system temperature than 45 to 50 is fine temperature for your system.Just cooling your processors forcefully is not a good idea.It leads to condensation nightmares. Rather than going to lowest possible temperature you should focus on getting your CPU down to a safe operating temperature and maintaining it over the course of your computers life.

Whati can say is if your system is not freezing or crashing and if it has a heatsink and fan then that's probably enough to cool that component, you do not need to worry about the CPU's temperature.