Thread: What is Sing MCI Error

What is Sing MCI Error

Today morning I was just trying to play a CD, it won't play and gave me a error saying,

Sing MCI Error

MMSystemviews 326 No wave device that can play files in the current format is installed
    I have never seen this error before. I tried to find out the cause of this on my system and that sound volume control are is grayed out. What is Sing MCI Error and how could i fix it ? Thanks

Re: What is Sing MCI Error

It will better if you mention your computer specifications like : on which you are getting this error, like Operating system, media player on which you get this error, etc... to help us and determining the problem. but anyways, i guess it might be some spyware changed that to your dialup modem for some unknown reason. You better go to control Panel than device manager and remove your sound card devices and restart the computer. After rebooting windows will try to reinstall the drivers again. This might fix the problem.

Go to to Device manger from the control panel or by right clicking on the My computer at from the desktop and check Sound, Video and Game Controllers. If there are any yellow splats just try to reinstall the drivers, thats it.. Make sure to shut down the remote desktop sharing, if it is active. Because this might also be the cause for this problem.

Thanks for the valuable help buddy. Actually the problem was due to the remote desktop sharing as you said. I just turned it off and the error stopped coming. Thank you !!