Thread: How is Logitech MX1000 for gaming ?

How is Logitech MX1000 for gaming ?

hello friends,

I am currently using Logitech MX500 cord mouse. I am thinking of upgrading my MX500 cord mouse to something like MX1000 cordless mouse. I've heard some of my friends saying that it's not good for gaming but I have also heard people say there are good for gaming... so for me it's now a 50-50 situation. So, I need the suggestions from you guys.

Please give me the necessary suggestions about Logitech MX1000 cordless mouse

Re: How is Logitech MX1000 for gaming ?

Logitech MX1000 is a laser cordless mouse that uses an infrared laser to detect movement. Logitech claim that their MX Laser system is 20 times more sensitive to surface detail than optical mice which use an LED.

This cordless mouse, uses a recharging cradle to top-up the lithium-ion battery that is built into it.

You will find several new buttons on this, that you wont find on standard mice like :
    - thumb controls for forward,
    - backward and application change;
    - buttons around the mousewheel that perform fast-forward and fast-backward;
    - a mousewheel with button action and tilt-action.

In the first-person shooter games, such as the intense Counter-Strike Source, the extra sensitivity feature is very important. Logitech's MX1000 mouse is equally responsive.
    When MX1000 mouse is not used for several seconds, it goes into sleep mode but it responds immediately when it is then moved. If it is not used for longer than a brief period, it seems to go into a deeper sleep which does take a fraction of time to recover from. But the fraction is so small, that you're unlikely to see it enter deep sleep in the middle of an action game. Unless you are really very bad at that game.

MX1000 features very impressive design with an extra large thumb grip that makes very comfortable to hold for a wide range of users, as most of the people are right-handed.

MX1000 is well-designed, very close to the MX900 and MX700. There are the extra buttons next to the scroll wheel. In the mouse drivers, you can set how fast you want it to move. This allows you to scroll up and down at the speed you want. This also helps to avoid RSI from excessive spinning of the scroll wheel.

The scroll wheel has also been given an overhaul, you can move it from side to side, for sideways scrolling.