Thread: How to remove MBR

How to remove MBR

I am trying to format my hard drive but i ca not do that because its a Logical drive as the MBR is still there and seems to be interfering with the operation of the drive. I tried doing it with fdisk, and the western digital utilities but no response. Could you guys guide me deleting the MBR? Help appreciated.

Re: How to remove MBR

You would not really need to do this because in general you do not have the most versions of Windows can initialize an external device in order to MBR in such a device is not entered during the OS boots tractor or the load stage.Anyways, you can try an application called TestDisk. It can recover lost partitions data, files, or fix MBR, 0 out the MBR or write a new one.It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error.

In Dos, with Super Fdisk, simply use this function Erase MBRto manually Erase the Master Boot Record (located at cylinder 0, head 0 and sector 1) and you can create new partitions on the hard disk.. If it does not work reinstall Fc4 with minimal packages and unmount the mbr. Or use DiskPatch It is pretty good for the file MBR / Partition. Use this to both MBR - the details of the distribution of original laptop HDD to a floppy / USB support. You can original / replacement HDD completely wipe than using a HDD.

IIRC or fdisk may not delete the mbr sometimes, but it can be done by formatting. Sometimes the hard drive protection built mbr destruction of a barrier so you should see if the hard drive vendor specific tool to delete the data.